(major activities of position, framework and boundaries of the job, challenges, etc)• drive the creation of new business opportunities (projects pipelines) in the specific industry segment based on “pull” (providing solution to customer needs) & “push” (based on market & product/application knowledge/trend) approaches.
• track all new business projects, analyze progress and suggest new strategies based on findings.
• identify new business opportunities and take ownership through to technical approval. work closely with
sales team to implement and monitor new business projects for the realization/commercialization.
• develop product/application knowledge for the specific industry segment, provide training to the sales team, organize technical seminar or build up show case as marketing support.
• demonstrate the market ownership: develop market intelligence for specific industry segment, in terms of market needs, potential size, value proposition, competition, major products, key suppliers, technical trend, etc.; and identification of new markets or new business opportunities.
• maintain good relationship with customers and suppliers.
• promote the value-selling concept to customer as much as possible (provide solution to customer with multi suppliers' products).
accountability & key dimensions
(accountability is the statement of key end-result that would meet the job's purpose; the value output expected for this role.
key dimensions is significant quantities on which the job has some direct or indirect impact (numerical data) eg. annual budget, costs, expenses; annual revenue, sales turnover; number of suppliers, projects, etc.)the position will be responsible for increasing market share x% in the [color cosmetics segment] through new
business generated & accountable for budgeted new business volume.
market intelligence & market plan in specific segment:
• competitive intelligence (both manufacturers and distributors)
• identify product gaps and recommend potential suppliers
• benchmarking of competitive products – from internal lab work or from suppliers
• developing and executing a multi-product sales plan
(academic qualifications, experiences, personal attributes, knowledge & skills)• bachelor/master in chemical engineering or chemistry or material/polymer science
• 3-5 years of sales & marketing or technical experiences in the [color cosmetics segment]
• strong technical knowledge (product/application) and market knowledge (suppliers/competition/value
chain) in [personal care industry] segment
• strong analytical skills
• creative & innovative
• marketing knowledge & skills, experience in organize technical seminar, show case, etc.
• project management
• fluent in both chinese (mandarin) and english language in oral and written.
personal values & characteristics• high integrity and ethical standards
• high levels of energy with sales mentality and self-motivation
• strong interpersonal and communication skills
• sensitive to business opportunities and responsive to opportunities
• result oriented and customer focused
• excellent people skills
• resilient, resourceful and optimistic
• willing to seek input/feedbacks
• ability to prioritize and make decisions
• willing to engage and accept responsibility
• adaptable and flexible
• cultural appreciation, understanding and respectful of diversity
• positive and can-do attitude